Thursday, September 6, 2007

Boy was I surprised!

Well, I guess all good things have to come to an end! "Well, what are you talking about?" you might ask. Then again, maybe you won't. Anyway, here goes.

I just ordered the brand new iMac from Apple. The top of the line 20" model, maxed out in memory and hard drive. Couldn't wait for it to arrive from California! Right, I get this email telling me it is coming from Shanghai, China! What a surprise! Looking back, I know that it shouldn't have been such a surprise, but for some reason, I just didn't figure Steve Jobs as selling out to the Chinese.

I have owned Apple computers in the past. I had the old Macintosh SE and another one, can't remember now what it was, but newer and better. Its really been a long time since I had one. Then I got a iBook, really like it. But my work always dictated to me that I needed a PC (or so I thought), so I have mainly been using PC's.

Well, to make a long story short, I have finally gotten fed up with PC's or should I say, Microsoft! I am fed up with it crashing every time you turn around, or popping up in the middle of your work telling you it has to do an update or some other thing. I am tired of having to mess with virus checkers and other such stuff.

So, I am making the move back to Mac. hmmm... back to Mac, that rhymes. I will let you know how it works out. I KNOW that you just can't wait!

To bad though, it is made in China! Is anything still made here?

Rick Davis

No comments: